Crispy Rice Paper Rolls
Table of Contents
These Rice Paper Dumplings are crispy on the outside, chewy and filled with flavourful goodies on the inside.
These crispy Rice Paper Dumplings are a combination of two of my favourite things combined… Dumplings and Rice Paper rolls! Then dipped into a tasty homemade Gyoza dipping sauceto make them even better 🙂
They’re crispy on the outside, chewy and filled with flavourful goodies on the inside.
This recipe for Rice Paper Dumplings takes 20 minutes to make and is also vegan and gluten free, so everyone can enjoy them!
They’re also much easier than making dumplings and you can change up the filling to your liking.
If you love this recipe and rice paper rolls, you have to also check out my VeganSummer Rolls that are just as delicious.
These Rice Paper Dumplings are inspired by the lovely Lisa from Okonomi Kitchen. I saw her make on these on Tiktok, and I knew I had to try them with my own twist! They’re definitely a must-try!
Table of Contents
- Ingredients to make Rice Wrapper Dumplings
- How to make Rice Paper Dumplings
- Tips to make Rice Paper Dumplings
- More Crispy Recipes
Ingredients to make Rice Wrapper Dumplings
- Rice Paper Sheets / Rice Paper Wrappers are the foundation of the dumplings. You can find them at your local Asian grocer along with most supermarkets
- Firm tofu is my preferred protein. You can also substitute with prawns or chicken if you’re not vegan
- Mushrooms have a nice umami flavour along with a meaty texture so they’re great to add in the filling
- Carrots give a nice sweetness and colour, just ensure you grate them finely so they cook quickly with the rest of the vegetables
- Green cabbage is also great as it goes with all vegetables and gives a little crunch
- Garlic and Ginger brings a beautiful flavour to the filling
- Sesame oil and Soy sauce are used to flavour the filling. You don’t need to add much as you will also have a dipping sauce. You can also use Tamari which is a gluten free soy sauce
How to make Rice Paper Dumplings
Tips to make Rice Paper Dumplings
- Prepare and cut your vegetables and tofu in similar sizes so that they are mixed in well together and will cook evenly
- Only dip the rice paper sheets in warm for a few seconds. They will soften more as they’re handled. If they are oversoaked, they will be too sticky and won’t crisp up.
- When wrapping the rice paper dumplings, ensure to wrap them on a damp tea towel or a wet chopping board. This stops the sheets from sticking to the plate and ripping when being wrapped
- Don’t overcrowd the pan when frying the rice paper dumplings. They can easily stick together so make sure there is enough room between them
- Make sure to eat them straight away whilst they’re nice and crispy as they will soften. Keep them on a wire cooling rack if you are cooking in batches to keep crispy
More Crispy Recipes
- Fried Oyster Mushrooms (Vegan Fried Chicken)
- Crispy Sticky Tofu
- Spicy Tuna Crispy Rice
- Crispy Roasted Potatoes
- Crispy Chickpeas
I love seeing your creations and remakes, so be sure to rate the recipe, comment and share your Rice Paper Dumplings photo on Instagram so I can share the love!