Halloween Paper Craft
Table of Contents
More Paper Crafts for you today and of course Easy Kids Crafts too – perfect for kids of all ages! And you may have guest it.. this time it is all about Paper Halloween Crafts. Halloween is only just around the corner really.. and I am sure that many of you have classrooms to decorate, Halloween parties to plan for or simple love to decorate your own home!!! Whilst on the topic, we do have some great Halloween PRINTABLES for you to check out too. They are gorgeous and really do make “light work” of getting ready for Halloween. Do check those out too!
If you are specifically after Origami ideas – take a look at our list of Halloween Origami Projects they make great easy Halloween crafts too.
Stock up on Halloween PAPER
Yep, for the majority of these crafts, you will pretty much only need some lovely Halloween paper. Paper is a great product for kids of all ages, inexpensive, versatile AND eco friendly! Love it. Add to it, pens, glue stick and scissors and you will have most supplies you will need. You can always chuck in some googly eyes for fun too (though these days, we like to “draw” our googly eyes and make all crafts again, more eco friendly!).
So, get your basic Halloween colours here (Note: Affiliate links have been added for convenience. Should you choose to purchase via these links, I will earn a small commission which goes towards the upkeep of this website):
- White (Printer) Paper US/ UK
- Black paper US/ UK
- Orange paper US/ UK
- Purple paper US/ UK
- Green paper US/ UK
- OR GET this Halloween Bumper Pack of paper/ card UK
- AND you may LOVE my new paper crafts book (it also has a super cute Fall/ Halloween section) US/ UK
What can you make for Halloween from Paper?
There are SOO many fun things you can make for Halloween. We love to focus on two aspects of Halloween. One is the topic, for example, favourite Halloween crafts include:
- Pumpkins and Jack O’Lanterns
- Cute Ghost DIYs
- Day of the Dead and Sugar Skulls are great themes too
- Witches and black cats
And you can also explore Halloween colours such as:
- Purple, Orange, Green and black!
How do you decorate for Halloween?
It depends a little on whether you are decorating indoors or outdoors. And if outdoors, if the are you are decorating is sheltered or not. As this post focusses on Paper Halloween crafts, we will mainly have ideas for you to use indoors. This is great for classroom decor or if you are hosting a Halloween party! Paper spiders are particularly fun for large scale decor, as you can combine it with kirigami spider webs, to cover large areas! Whilst our fun halloween origami projects (see below) are perfect for making paper garlands for Halloween.. we do have some fabulous paper based Halloween wreaths, but we recommend that you only hang these in sheltered porches or on your kids’ bedroom doors! They would be fabulous for classroom door decor too of course!
First up Paper Halloween DIY ideas from our site:
In recent years (especially since the growth of our YouTube channel – as video format really is great for paper crafts such as origami), we have really embraced Paper Crafts for Kids. Paper is cheap, easy to get hold of and oh so versatile.. here are Red Ted Art’s favourite Paper Halloween Crafts for Kids!
Paper based Halloween wreaths for Kids of all ages:
- Super easy Jack Skellington Wreath – love the technique to make this – adapte the colour scheme to suit your Halloween Decor.. and the best bit? It is all made from PAPER!!! Yep.. a fabulous Paper Halloween Wreath!
- Loved the Skellington Wreath? Want more Paper Halloween Wreath Ideas? You may adore our little Pumpkin Wreath for Preschoolers – I say preschoolers, but it is so cute, that I think kids of all ages will love to give it a go too!
- Similarly, we have a great Monster Wreath made from newspapers! Another great eco friendly and thrifty craft for Halloween!
Fun General Paper Crafts for Halloween
- 3D Paper Spider Ornament (these are just ADORABLE)
- Easy Catch a GhostThaumatrope for Halloween
- And to go with the paper spiders, a fabulous and easy Paper Spider Web Kirigami (nice and easy!)
- Have a SPOOKY Letter Hunt – a great activity to involve the kids and local community. Easy to organise with free letter printables.
- Cute 3d Witch Hat decorations
- Jack O Lantern Luminary or Bowl (made from upcycled tissue paper) – a great craft for toddlers and preschoolers and love that our jars are 95% recycled (only needed to add glue and a tea light!). More fun eco friendly crafing!
- Pop Up Halloween Cards (cute ghost and cute spider design, complete with a set of Halloween Jokes and puns)
- The black cat from this set of Pop Up Cats would make a lovely Halloween Card too.. maybe add a witch’s hat for effect!
- Halloween Paper Masks
- DIY Paper Witches Hat
Fun Paper Origami Projects:
Halloween Origami Projects are a great classroom activity, as it often is classes as a STEAM project – looking at symmetry and fractions to create your folds. It also promotes fine motor skills.
- If you are looking for Bat Crafts, try this easy origami bat (it also doubles up nicely as a bookmark)
- Easy Origami Cat (technically this is any “ol’ cat”, but would double up nicely as a witch’s black cat don’t you think?!)
- Want some fun paper toys? Have a go at our Frankenstein Cup & (Eye) Ball game, or play a game of jump the cauldron frogs. Alternatively, you can use the Frankenstein Cup as a halloween treat holder and fill it with yummy candy corn!
- Want some fab witch crafts? This easy Origami Witch hat, can be used as a “doodle” Hat Decoration OR make it with preschoolers for a game of Who is hiding under the hat!
- Learn how to make an Origami Ghost – great as a bookmark, garland, card or stand along decoration!
- Similarly we have some adorable Origami Black Cats for Halloween!
- We have more black cats, with these SUPER cute Black Cat Paper Cups – these are a lovely little decoration or work well as finger puppets too. A fabulous paper Halloween Craft indeed!
We ADORE our Paper Spiders, that you can find in the video tutorial on auto play or here!
Red Ted Art’s Printable Halloween Crafts
We do in fact have a whole page dedicated to Halloween printables, but if I had to pick out a few… try these first!
- Our free Halloween Scavenger Hunt – there are two pages to choose from – one for kids of all ages, and the other for younger kids who are looking for a visual guide, rather than words!
- Another funone for bat craft lovers, is this adorable bat puppet (free printable template) ! It moves!
- I am super excited to share these Halloween Cootie Catchers for a client – it comes with “tokens” so you can cut those out hide them around the house and have an indoor Scavenger Treats Hunt. Hope it is of help! (Free download) – there is also a quiz version.
- We also have Sugar Skull Coloring Pages these are great for some “zen time” either at home or in the classroom!
Paper Halloween Crafts – Combined with other materials or recyclables
I am not sure if these “strictly” speak counting as pure “Paper Halloween Crafts” as often they do involve, some other material.. but because said “other material” is recycled… I thought you may like to see them too.. as after all, you just need to add a little paper/ tissue paper in order to transform said recyceld item into something fabulously Halloween-y.. right?
- Learn how to make a Newspaper Monster Wreath! A frugal wreath idea for kids to help make! And doesn’t it look effective?!
- Need costumes ideas? Try this Paper Skeleton (combined with black clothes and some face paint). I wore this as a student one year and had great fun!
Or how about the following sort of paper crafts for Halloween?
- TP Roll Bat Pinata
- Jack O’Lantern Luminaries
- 5 Minute Mini Ghost Pinata
- Halloween Shooter Toys
- Halloween Paper Bag Masks – Frankenstein and “where the wild things are“
- Paper saves the day, with this super easy Paper Skeleton Halloween Costume
- Or how about these paper plate based Witches Hats by 4 Crazy Kings? So fun!
And finally.. Paper Halloween Craft Ideas from sites we love!
And now, our last section – fabulous Paper Halloween DIYs from sites we love! I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
- Flying Witch (with Paper Plate) this cracks me up! By I Heart Crafty Things
- Adorable paper lanterns for Halloween – cute witch, ghost and bat via Fun Crafts Kids
- Easy Paper Spinning Ghosts by One Creative Mommy
- Paper Cone Witch by Krokotak
- Frankenstein Treat Buckets by Pink Buckaroo Designs
- Accordion Black Cat Decoration by Easy Peasy and Fun
- Easy Climbing Spider craft for young kids by the Twitchetts
- Super fun arty Zombies by Arty Crafty Kids
- How to Make a Paper Bobble Head Black Cat Craft by Fireflies and Mudpies
- Minio Halloween Doodle Books by HelloWonderful
- Cute Handprint Spider Collage by The Best Ideas for Kids
Paper Halloween DIYs for older kids/ grown ups
- Gorgous paper pumpkins by DIY Inspired
- Bookpage Pumpkin by Creations by Kara
- Large Paper Medallions for Hallowen Decorations by Finding Home Farms
I hope you have enjoyed these fun Halloween crafts and give them ago. They really are easy craft ideas for kids, with much fun to be had this Holiday season.
LOTS MORE FUN with Paper.. with these fabulous Free Halloween Printables one of our many free printables resources here on Red Ted Art –