Table of Contents
- Wrapping paper
- Double-sided tape or glue
- Ruler or measuring tape
- Ribbon or string (optional)
Where to Buy Materials
- Wrapping paper can be purchased at any store that sells gift wrapping supplies such as dollar stores, craft stores, or online retailers like Amazon.
- Scissors, double-sided tape or glue, and rulers or measuring tape can be found at any office supply store or online retailer.
- Ribbon or string can be found at craft stores or online retailers.
Folding and Gluing
Wrapping paper bags are not only eco-friendly, but they are also incredibly easy to make. Once you have your wrapping paper ready, the next step is to fold and glue it to create the bag. In this section, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to do just that.
Step 1: Fold the Wrapping Paper
First, fold the wrapping paper in half lengthwise, with the patterned side facing inwards. Then, press down firmly on the crease.
Step 2: Fold the Bottom of the Bag
Next, fold the bottom of the paper up to the desired height of the bag. Make sure to leave enough paper at the top to fold down and close the bag.
Step 3: Fold the Sides of the Bag
Fold the sides of the paper inwards, towards the center crease. Make sure to crease the edges well.
Step 4: Glue the Sides of the Bag
Apply glue to the edges of the paper where you folded it inwards. Press the edges together firmly to secure them in place.
Step 5: Fold the Top of the Bag
Fold the top of the paper down, and crease it firmly. You can fold it down as much or as little as you like, depending on the size of the bag you want.
Step 6: Glue the Top of the Bag
Finally, apply glue to the edges of the top flap and press it down firmly to close the bag.
To make the process even easier to understand, you can include images of each step. This will allow your readers to follow along more easily and create their own wrapping paper bags with confidence.