Rice Paper Noodles: A Simple and Gluten-Free Recipe
I’m excited to share with you a quick and easy recipe for rice paper noodles that you can whip up in just 5 minutes! With only a few basic ingredients, you’ll be able to create these deliciously chewy and sticky noodles that are perfect for any sauce.
Recipe for Rice Paper Noodles
Rice paper noodles are an excellent gluten-free alternative made from Vietnamese rice paper, readily available in most grocery stores. Not only are they a healthier option, but they also act as a sponge, absorbing the flavors of your favorite sauces.
To make these delectable rice paper noodles, you’ll need:
- Rice Paper
- Warm Water
You can also customize your dish with these optional sauce and vegetable ingredients:
- Soy Sauce
- Dark soy sauce
- Baby Bok Choy, or vegetables of your choice
- Roasted Sesame Oil
- Sesame Seeds
- Green onion
- Chickpeas, black beans, edamame beans, tofu, or tempeh
The recipe is vegan, egg-free, nut-free, and can be made gluten-free and soy-free.
To make this recipe gluten-free, simply use gluten-free soy sauce. If you prefer to make it soy-free, consider using a soy sauce alternative. Additionally, you can add a variety of vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, bean sprouts, or spinach to your dish.
How To Make Rice Paper Noodles
Follow these simple steps to prepare your rice paper noodles:
- Start by adding warm water to a large bowl. Lightly grease a cutting board with a small amount of oil.
- Take five pieces of dry rice paper and stack them on top of each other. Soak them in the warm water for a few seconds until they soften.
- Remove the rice papers from the water and place them on the greased cutting board. Use your fingers to remove any air bubbles and ensure the papers stick together.
- With a sharp knife, cut the stack of rice paper into approximately 1-inch wide noodles. Place the noodles in a bowl of cold water to prevent them from sticking. They are now ready to be paired with your favorite sauce. For added flavor, try cooking them on a pan with a sauce for a few minutes, with small splashes of water.
- To make a delicious rice paper noodle dish, heat some oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Sauté minced garlic for a minute.
- Add soy sauce, dark soy sauce (or a soy-free alternative), sugar, noodles, and baby bok choy (or your choice of vegetables) to the pan, along with a splash of water.
- Cook the mixture for around 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add small splashes of water as needed, until the noodles are cooked to your liking and have absorbed the sauce.
- Plate your noodles and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions. Your mouthwatering rice paper noodles are now ready to be enjoyed!
If you’re looking for more recipe inspiration, why not try these delicious options?
- Potato Noodles
- Vegan Kimchi Udon Noodles
- Vegan Peanut Noodles
Remember, making your own rice paper noodles is not only easy but also allows you to customize your dish with your favorite ingredients. Enjoy your tasty homemade noodles made from rice paper, and don’t forget to experiment with different sauces and toppings!